Summit Public Schools is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that will continue growing to provide a high-quality public school option to more communities.
In 2000, hundreds of parents and community members came together to reimagine the American high school. They wanted to create an innovative and replicable model for secondary education. They envisioned one that achieves the promise of providing a high quality public education to every child, regardless of family circumstances of background.
In 2003, Summit Preparatory Charter High School was born.
From there, the vision and the work continued. Overwhelming community demand led to the opening of Summit schools across the Bay Area. The need to extend beyond high school, resulting in Summit's first 6-12 school opening its doors in 2013.
Today, Summit is a leading charter management organization serving the Bay Area and Washington's diverse communities. Through 11 schools and more than 2,000 students, we are realizing the vision of our founders over a decade ago.
- We have a rigorous, college-prep curriculum where 100% of our students meet or exceed 4-year college entrance requirements.
- 96% of all our graduates are accepted into at least one four year college or university.
- Every Summit students takes six AP classes and at least one AP test prior to graduation. Our students pass AP tests at double the national average.
- Summit graduates are completing college within six years at double the national average.
- Summit schools ranked in the top 20% of public schools in the state of California.
- Our flagship school was recently named the #1 High School in the Silicon Vally in preparing Latino students for success and #1 in serving students with disabilities.
Summit schools are public and tuition-free. We welcome everyone to attend. There are no admission requirements.